Those of us who have children diagnosed with Celiac Disease have experienced the heartbreak the illness brings. Fortunately, we also know that our children can heal and enjoy a healthy life by maintaining a strict gluten-free diet. However, such a diet comes with its own set of challenges. Though at home we can monitor what our children eat, when they are away from home at birthday parties or other activities, children may need to be responsible for their own food choices.
Here at The Gluten Free Homestead we have developed a game for the iPad that will help you train your children to eat gluten-free: Bouncy’s Great Gluten Free Adventure!
This app is the result of many hours of programming by my tech-savvy son, Michael. After releasing the Gluten Free Recipe Book last summer (our first app for the iPhone), Michael was eager to start working on coding a game. And what could be better than to give it a gluten free twist? Last year, we made several gluten-free themed videos for kids featuring a character called Bouncy. Why not make Bouncy the star of the game? And so Bouncy’s Great Gluten Free Adventure was born!
Bouncy’s Great Gluten-Free Adventure is a one-player game. You travel through the game maze, finding food for Bouncy to eat. In order to earn points, make sure Bouncy only eats gluten-free food. If you select the wrong foods, you will lose points. Earn enough points to win medals and join Bouncy at his gluten-free birthday party and other events. The game focuses on learning by repetition, teaching the importance of always checking the ingredients to make sure your meal is gluten-free.
- Easy to play! This game can easily be picked up and played by young kids from ages 6-8.
- Fast paced with Self-Esteem Building Achievement Awards! This game is designed to be fun and engaging for kids. Children are rewarded for choosing to eat gluten-free, and awards are quickly won in each level.
- Entertaining graphics, music, and sound effects! The gaming experience is enhanced by upbeat music and fun sound effects.
- Only 99 cents on the iTunes AppStore! All sales will help us to continue developing the game and updating the graphics.
If you would like to help us out in spreading the word about the game, here are some ideas:
- Leave a review or rating in the App Store if you enjoy the game.
- Tell your friends and family who follow a gluten-free diet!
- Share it on Facebook or Twitter or mention it on your blog.
Thanks for your support and for being a part of our mission to spread awareness about gluten intolerance and Celiac disease. We hope our game will make following a gluten-free diet fun for the entire family.
Bouncy’s Great Gluten Free Adventure! is now available on the App Store. Download the game today by clicking the button below: