Savory Chicken Stir Fry With Spinach, Mushrooms, And Tomatoes
This is a terrific midweek meal. It will be on the table in just 30 minutes. It’s big on flavor and easy to clean up since it’s all made in one pan.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 pounds mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes diced or 1 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
In a large frying pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil over a medium flame, but not smoking.
Add chicken and cook, stirring continuously until the chicken is tender, about five minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside. Drain the pan juices from the wok. Wipe the wok clean so it will be ready for cooking your vegetables
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add spinach and season with turmeric, cumin, and coriander. Cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions. Stir and cook for 15 minutes.
Add garam masala and salt. Stir and continue cooking for another minute.
Stir in lemon juice, cilantro, and cayenne pepper (optional).
Toss the chicken back in. Stir until well combined and serve.
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.9g