Quick One Pan Spanish Style Chicken With Cauliflower Rice
This quick one pan, Spanish style chicken with cauliflower rice is super easy and big on flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- ¾ pound cauliflower florets
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenderized
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 1 cup diced Spanish onion
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 cup gluten free marinara sauce homemade or store bought
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives sliced
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil EVOO
Pulse a few cauliflower florets at a time in your food processor until the cauliflower pieces are the size of rice. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
To tenderize chicken, place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a mallet-type meat tenderizer to pound each piece. Dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Sear the chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on one side. Transfer them to a dish.
Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the pan and sauté the onion with a teaspoon of salt in that same pan for 5 minutes.
Add sauce, garlic, paprika, oregano, and cayenne pepper (optional). Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Stir it around scraping up all those little brown bits.
Stir in the ground cauliflower incorporating the sauce and spices throughout.
Tuck the chicken breasts seared side up into the pan with the cauliflower. Pour the juices from the chicken into the pan, as well. Now reduce the flame to medium-low, cover, and cook about 10-12 minutes until the inside temperature of the chicken registers 160℉ with a meat thermometer.
Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let it cool a little before slicing.
Finally, add your tomatoes, scallions, and olives to the cauliflower in the pan and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes.
Slice each chicken breast in half and serve over the cauliflower rice. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with cilantro.
- In this recipe, we drizzle a little oil on the chicken before serving. The best variety extra-virgin olive oil to pair with this chicken is produced from the Picual olive. Here's an organic gold award winner from Spain.
- In you food processor fitted with the large chopping blade, pulse your cauliflower a few florets at a time (no higher than the top of the blade) just until it is minced.
- Can you use store bought cauliflower rice? Yes. It would save on clean up and time, but I've found that it's not as fresh tasting. Perhaps frozen cauliflower rice would be better, but I haven't tried it.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.2g