Homemade Paleo Salsa
Homemade salsa is free of any preservatives or artificial flavors and the ingredients taste so incredibly fresh. Best of all, you can tweak it until you get it to just that level of spiciness that your taste buds are craving. It's a super-tasty, super-easy to make salsa dip. Enjoy!
Servings 5 cups
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper slit legnthwise removing the seeds and pith and cut into horizontal slices
- 3 scallions chopped
- 2 green jalapeño peppers slit legnthwise removing the seeds and pith and cut into horizontal slices
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice this is the juice of about 1/2 of a lime
- 1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- If you prefer hot salsa to mild, you can include some of the seed and pith from the peppers or add more Serrano peppers and jalapeños.
- No avocado oil? No problem. You can use extra-virgin olive oil or any oil you prefer.
- My kids love this zesty salsa and like to scoop it up with these tasty organic Green Mountain Gringo blue corn tortilla chips that we found at our local health food store. The chips are certified 100% gluten free. The salsa is also amazing paired with our cauliflower flatbreads.
- Especially, if you're following a low-carb way of eating serve with the cauliflower flatbreads, celery sticks, slices of cucumber or peppers or these baked zucchini sticks.
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.3g