Gluten Free Escarole and Bean Soup (With Bacon)
Quick, easy gluten free escarole and bean soup keeps you warm and supercharges your health in the winter months in the most delicious way possible.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large head escarole about 1 pound coarsely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 15- ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15- ounce can navy beans
- 2 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- salt to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add garlic and sauté until golden, do not burn. Add escarole and toss until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add broth, sauce, beans with their juices and cooked bacon. Simmer until flavors blend and soup thickens slightly, about 20 minutes. Season with salt. Ladle soup into bowls. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.