Gluten Free Stuffing (Easy Homemade Dressing)
This gluten free stuffing is out of this world delicious, easy to make, and everyone at your table will love it. It’s sure to become a favorite trimming at your Thanksgiving feast or any holiday meal.
- 1 1/2 loaves of gluten free bread cubed
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350℉
Melt butter over a medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic,. Cook and stir, about 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
Butter a large shallow baking dish and turn bread cubes into the dish. Add mixture to the bread and mix gently. Stir in the chicken broth and toss until well combined.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Feel free to use any kind of gluten-free bread you prefer. More of a cornbread stuffing lover? Go ahead and use a gluten-free cornbread.
- Some breads are more absorbent than others. Make sure your bread is moist when adding the broth without becoming overly soggy. Nobody likes soggy stuffing and at the same time we don't want it too dry. Add your broth a half cup at a time to be sure it's just right.
- I just love the herbs and veggies in this recipe, but you can certainly modify the recipe to suit your taste.
- What ingredients will you add? Rosemary? Apples? Sausage? Cranberries? Nuts? It's up to you.
- You can also swap out a gluten-free vegetable broth instead of chicken broth if you prefer.
- Need to make it dairy-free? No problem. Instead of butter, use a dairy-free butter substitute like Earth Balance.