Gluten Free Socca Recipe
You'll love naturally gluten-free socca, a flatbread made with chickpea flour that's served by street vendors In the French city of Nice.
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Garbanzo Bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 clove garlic
Combine flour, water, salt, cumin, thyme, garlic and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a bowl. Let the batter rest for 2 hours, covered, at room temperature.
Then preheat your broiler. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a 10-inch skillet and heat the skillet in the oven for 4 minutes.
Then remove the skillet from the oven and pour the batter into the skillet. (You may use half the batter and make two if you prefer a thinner flatbread)
Broil for about 8 minutes. Slice and serve.
- The French sprinkle their socca with salt and pepper, drizzle it with olive oil and eat it off a napkin. You can serve it with your favorite toppings. Spread pesto sauce on it, Mediterranean salsa, or brown gravy (gluten free gravy recipes here.) or whatever you like.
- Your approximate preparation time is only 5 minutes, but allow 2 hours for the batter to rest.