Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna noodle casserole is an old favorite that you can enjoy gluten-free and it only takes a few more minutes to make than the condensed-soup kind.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced red or green bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Two 5-ounce cans of tuna
- 2 cups cooked pasta. Here I used Dr. Schar TAGLIATELLE for a wide pasta which mimics wide egg noodles)
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 375℉
Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Set aside.
Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until fragrant and bubbly. Add mushrooms, peppers, onions, and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in GF flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and whisk the milk in. Return to the heat and cook, whisking, until the sauce comes to a boil and is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add cheddar cheese, whisk until melted.
Drain tuna and turn into a large bowl, breaking into flakes with a fork. Stir in the hot cheese sauce, cooked pasta, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Bake until bubbly and browned on top, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve and enjoy.