Gluten Free Surówka
Surówka is a Polish sauerkraut, carrot and apple salad that is healthy and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 pound Bubbies Sauerkraut
- 1 organic carrot shredded
- 1 organic apple chopped
- 1/2 organic onion minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 g Stevia
- salt to taste
- dash of pepper
Strain liquid from the sauerkraut.
Add carrot, apple, onion, and parsley to your sauerkraut in a large bowl. Stir in olive oil and sprinkle with Stevia, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Your surówka only takes ten minutes of prep time. Then refrigerate it for thirty minutes.
- If you do serve your surówka with fish, add the juice of two fresh lemons.
- In this recipe, I substituted the recommended tablespoon of sugar with Stevia. It's up to you if you prefer sugar.
- Fermented sauerkraut is so healthy. And it's easy to make your own. For store bought, I recommend Bubbies Of San Francisco Sauerkraut. It has live cultures, and no sugar, vinegar or preservatives. Just great taste.
- I had delicious apples on hand when I made this recipe. Any tart apple like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Macintosh would stand up well to the flavor of the sauerkraut.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.9g