Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
Here's an easy traditional chicken noodle soup recipe for you. It's made from a whole chicken. It simmers on the stove all day, filling the house with its healing aroma.
- 8 cups water
- 1 whole organic chicken including the neck
- 2 stalks of celery cut up
- 2 carrots cut up
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 box Schar Tagliatelle cooked according to package directions
Add chicken to a dutch oven and cover with water. Add celery, carrots, onion and whole cloves and bring to a boil. Skim off any fat that rises to the top. Reduce heat, cover and simmer all day.
About an hour before you are ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Discard the skin and neck. Then carefully separate the meat from the bones and discard the bones. Cut up the meat into bite size pieces and return it to the pot. Add garlic, parsley and thyme. Simmer until you are ready to serve.
Spoon desired amount of noodles into individual bowls and ladle chicken soup over noodles.
- The gluten free Tagliatelle noodles I use are from Schar and they mimic real egg noodles. Delicious.
- Organic chicken is super good and I think organic chicken has an even sweeter scent.
- If you make your soup a day ahead, it can be chilled and the solidified fat can be easily lifted off.