Gluten Free Rigatoni Collage
This is a quick easy and delicious gluten free rigatoni with ground chicken, fresh spinach and crushed tomatoes. Yum.
- 16 ounces gluten free rigatoni
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped and divided
- 1 35oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 11 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and 1 garlic clove in a large skillet until it's hot but not smoking. Cook spinach tossing constantly for 2 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir and set aside.
Now cook ground chicken in the same skillet over medium heat, breaking up with a spatula, about 3 minutes. Add onion and the remaining 3 cloves of garlic. Cook for 8 minutes. Add tomatoes, spinach, the remaining teaspoon of salt and the pepper flakes. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until heated through. Serve over gluten free rigatoni.
- To keep your pasta from sticking, stir it until it no longer settles on the bottom of the pot and when it's ready, drain it and rinse it with water.
- I used Italian inspired Tuttorosso tomatoes in this recipe. Feel free to go with your favorite brand of crushed tomatoes.
- This recipe will also work with any ground meat like turkey or beef.
- Serve with a side salad like this marinated zucchini salad.