Gluten Free French Toast
You'll love this cinnamony gluten free french toast cooked until golden and slightly crisp on the edges. It's easy to make and so delicious.
Servings 6 slices
- 1/3 cup of milk
- a dash of salt
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- gluten free bread
- butter to grease your skillet
Whisk the first 7 ingredients together in a shallow dish. Soak your favorite gluten free bread in mixture until saturated. Now generously grease your griddle or skillet with butter over a medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook your soaked bread for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. You want a nice soft center with slightly crisp edges. Wipe you griddle after every batch and use fresh butter so that your butter doesn't burn.Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with orange slices and strawberries. Serve hot with maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Whisk your egg batter well so that you don’t end up with egg whites on your french toast slices.
- Soak your bread in the mixture until it’s saturated for a creamy texture on the inside, but not so that it's too flimsy to hold together.
- Preheat your griddle on medium before putting your slices on so that they'll start to cook as soon as they hit the pan, but not too hot that they'll scorch.
- Wipe you griddle after every batch and use a new pat of butter so that your butter doesn’t burn.