Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb)
Cheesy cauliflower with ham casserole is a healthier and more fun way to enjoy ham leftovers.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 of a head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds of fully cooked ham cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 slices of muenster cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- dash of pepper
- parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 450℉Wash and dry your cauliflower. Then cut cauliflower florets into bitesize pieces. Toss cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Then turn florets over (I use tongs) and roast for 5-10 more minutes. Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet or your cauliflower could get mushy and won’t cook evenly. Meanwhile, soften cream cheese in your skillet over a low flame. Flavor with a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, a 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Then toss with your bite-size chunks of ham for about 5 more minutes. Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with muenster cheese slices. Fill with your roasted cauliflower. Top with you ham and cheese mixture. Finally, cover with another layer of 6 slices of muenster cheese.Now set your oven to broiling mode.Finish off under the broiler for 3-4 minutes. Since oven temperatures vary, be sure that your cheese doesn't burn.Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy.
- To avoid a watery casserole, we’ll roast our cauliflower so the excess water is cooked off. Bite-size florets will cook through and get nice and browned which only intensifies the flavor.
- Avocado oil is one of the best possible oils for roasting at high temperatures. It's very heat stable with one of the highest smoke points which is the point where oil starts to smoke and burn.
- No leftovers? No problem. You can make this recipe with a 2-3 pound fully cooked boneless ham depending on how many people you have to serve. Just cut it up into bite-size pieces.
- This recipe will be delicious swapping out the ham with chicken or turkey, as well.
- Serving suggestion: sprinkle paprika on top of the casserole to add even more flavor.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.3g