Frittata With Goat Cheese, Leeks, And Sage
This savory frittata with sweet leeks, creamy goat cheese, and delicately earthy sage make for a lovely blend of flavors.
- 1 or 2 leeks sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil EVOO, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage chopped
- 6 tablespoons goat cheese crumbled
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet.
Add leeks and season with a little salt. Stir and cook for about 6 minutes until the leeks are tender and slightly brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Clean the skillet so it will be ready for cooking your frittata.
Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt and a dash of pepper. Stir in goat cheese, sage and your cooked leeks.
Preheat your broiler on lowand if possible set your oven rack in the middle of your oven seven - ten inches from the heat source.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in your skillet. Add your egg mixture, cover and cook for two minutes.
Place the oven safe skillet under the broiler until the top is golden and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Since ovens vary, check your frittata after 3 minutes.
- Depending upon your oven, preheat your broiler on low and place the skillet on the middle rack 7-10 inches away from the broiler flame so your frittata doesn’t burn.
- You can refrigerate your frittata and heat it up for breakfast the next morning, So it's also an excellent make-ahead dish!
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g