Quick And Easy Beef Ragoût With Tomatoes And Pearl Onions
Every mouthful explodes with flavor in this quick and easy dish. Serve it over spaghetti squash for a delicious pasta substitute. Sounds like a win-win. Right?
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Red Boat
- 1 teaspoon of salt divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 scallions sliced (separate the white root slices from the sliced green leaves)
- 1/2 cup pearl onions
- 5 Roma tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock homemade or store bought
Heat oil in a skillet and brown the beef breaking it up with a spatula into large chunks (the size of beef stew chunks) This will take about 5 minutes.
Add Red Boat, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and the sliced white bulb of the scallions. (we'll garnish with the green leaf part of the scallions later) Cook for 2 more minutes.
Transfer to a dish and set aside.
Now add your pearl onions to the same pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add tomato chunks and tomato paste and cook for 3 more minutes.
Then add chicken stock, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. and cook for 3 more minutes.
Turn off your flame and stir your beef mixture in. Toss with the sliced green leaf part of the scallions and serve.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.3g