Quick And Easy Beef Ragoût With Tomatoes And Pearl Onions
Every mouthful explodes with flavor in this quick and easy dish. Serve it over spaghetti squash for a delicious pasta substitute. Sounds like a win-win. Right?
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Red Boat
- 1 teaspoon of salt divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 scallions sliced (separate the white root slices from the sliced green leaves)
- 1/2 cup pearl onions
- 5 Roma tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock homemade or store bought
Heat oil in a skillet and brown the beef breaking it up with a spatula into large chunks (the size of beef stew chunks) This will take about 5 minutes.
Add Red Boat, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and the sliced white bulb of the scallions. (we'll garnish with the green leaf part of the scallions later) Cook for 2 more minutes.
Transfer to a dish and set aside.
Now add your pearl onions to the same pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add tomato chunks and tomato paste and cook for 3 more minutes.
Then add chicken stock, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. and cook for 3 more minutes.
Turn off your flame and stir your beef mixture in. Toss with the sliced green leaf part of the scallions and serve.
- In this recipe, I like to keep the meat chunky. It’s best to use room temperature meat so it will cook evenly. Pat your meat dry with a paper towel so that it browns rather than steams. Place it in the pan and let it sit for about a minute. When you flip it over, it will be easy to break up into flavorful bite-size chunks.
- Leftovers will last in the fridge for four to five days, stored in an airtight container. It reheats nicely. You can also cool the ragoût completely, wrap it tightly, and freeze it for two to three months.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.3g