Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) And Gluten Free Meatballs
Zoodles make the perfect pasta substitute, with gluten-free meatballs and covered in marinara sauce this dish is a very healthy twist to traditional spaghetti and meatballs.
- 3 cups of Marinara sauce store bought or homemade
- For Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil for frying
- For Zoodles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
Prepare MeatballsWhisk the egg in a bowl and stir in Shar’s gluten-free breadcrumbs until the breadcrumbs are soaked. Then combine the ground beef with the soaked breadcrumbs and add Parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley. Roll into meatballs. Fry meatballs in oil and brown them well on all sides over medium-low heat, turning carefully about 10 minutes.Then simmer meatballs in gluten free marinara sauce. Prepare Zucchini (Zoodles)Cut zucchini into zoodles using a spiralizer. Place the spiralized zucchini in a colander and toss with the salt until coated. Place colander in a shallow bowl for 20 - 30 minutes while zoodles release their moisture, then pat dry with paper towels. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add 3 cloves of chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add zoodles (zucchini), and cook about 2 minutes. Stir and cook for one more minute. Then let the zoodles sit for a few minutes to allow any excess water to be released, drain and they're ready to serve.
- If you’re going to make my homemade quick easy marinara sauce, do that an hour before and simmer it on the back burner of your stove.
- I recommend using a long and fat zucchini for the best zoodles.
- After you’ve sliced up your zucchini, place the spiralized zucchini in a colander with a little salt while the moisture is released. This takes about 20 minutes.
- You want to lightly roll your meatballs between your hands to form a small ball that feels like it will hold together, but lightly so they will absorb the sauce.