Gluten Free Game Day Chili Dip
The most important food at a party is undeniably the dip. This homemade, gluten-free and low-carb chunky chili dip has all the ingredients necessary to make it a crowd-pleasing favorite on game day.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 14.5 ounce. can Muir Glen crushed tomatoes
- 2 plum roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and diced, divided
- 6 hot dogs cooked and diced
- 4 ounces gluten free mascarpone cheese
- scallions for garnish
Heat oil in a large pot,. Season ground beef with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Cook stirring frequently, until it has browned, about 10 minutes. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook until soft, about 10 more minutes. Add oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, chili powder, garlic, and tomatoes, Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour.
Add the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and stir.
Preheat oven to 400℉
Mix in mascarpone cheese and hot dogs and transfer to a casserole dish. Strain if there is too much liquid and you like your dip dryer.
Top with 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and half of the bacon. Bake for 5 minutes. Garnish with the rest of the bacon, cheddar cheese and scallions. Serve warm.
- No coconut oil? No problem. Feel free to use extra-virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or whichever oil you prefer.
- Make sure to use sturdy chips for hearty dips like this one as thinner chips will break more easily. I recommend the tasty organic Green Mountain Gringo blue corn tortilla chips that I found at my local health food store. They are certified 100% gluten free.
- Following a low-carb way of eating? No problem. Dig in with celery sticks, slices of bell peppers, or bake some pepperoni slices until they're crispy so they'll be sturdy enough for dipping in. Yum.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.8g