My Secret For Juicy Grilled Pork Chops (With Chimichurri Sauce)
Fire up the grill and get ready to dig into the tastiest pork chops topped with zesty chimichurri sauce.
- For Brine:
3 cups of water
3 tablespoons of salt
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork chops
- Prepare pork chops for grilling:
- olive oil
- For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup packed Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's apple cider vinegar
For the brine: Dissolve salt in water. Place meat in a large baking dish and cover with brine, cover the dish and refrigerate for one hour.
Then take the chops out, discard the brine and pat the chops completely dry. Brush chops with olive oil and rub with pepper.
Preheat grill: Sear pork chops uncovered on high for 3 minutes on each side.Then turn heat to low, cover and grill for 3-4 minutes longer on each side. Let the chops rest for 5 minutes
For the chimichurri sauce: Mash the garlic and salt together in a small dish. Place in the bowl of your food processor fitted with the large chopping blade. Add the cilantro, parsley, onion, oregano, pepper and water. Secure the cover. Process until the mixture has a paste-like consistency, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula if necessary. Cover. Now with the motor running, add the vinegar through the small feed tube. Finally while continuing to run the motor, add the oil in a slow steady stream, thickening the mixture. Serve alongside your grilled pork chops.
- For tender juicy meat, add one hour to the total time for pork chops to brine in the refrigerator.
- You can add a few peppercorns and a bay leaf to the brine if you like.
- Pair your juicy grilled pork chops topped with chimichurri sauce with a green vegetable like roasted Brussels sprouts or sauteéd broccoli, or a simple crisp salad.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.4g