One-Pan Roast Chicken and Potatoes
Tender marinated chicken thighs roasted in their own juices on a bed of vegetables, sausage, and potatoes is a delicious one-pan meal.
- For Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Bionaturae organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Annie's Homegrown Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- Ingredients to Assemble in Roasting Pan:
- 2-3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 12- ounce package fully cooked gluten free pork sausage sliced (We enjoyed Prairie Grove Bratwurst in this dish.)
- 5 russet potatoes peeled and cut up
- 1 large onion cut into chunks
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon to drizzle over chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Marinate Chicken: Stir together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 4 chopped garlic cloves. Toss chicken in marinade, cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
When you are ready to begin cooking: Preheat the oven to 425℉Stir together 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in a bowl. Toss potatoes, onions and carrots with the oil mixture and transfer to your roasting pan. Sprinkle with parsley. Add sausage (*see note), marinated chicken thighs with the garlic to the pan, Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Place pan in the oven for 40-50 minutes, rotate the pan half way through. When the chicken juices run clear when pierced your one pan meal is ready to enjoy.
Since the sausages take less time to cook, I have found that it is best to add them about 15 minutes before the chicken is done.
Add 1 hour to prep time for marinating the chicken.