Gluten Free Broccoli Frittata
Take your breakfast or brunch to the next level. This delicious broccoli frittata is quick, easy to prepare, and delicious.
Servings 4 -6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onion chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cooked broccoli chopped
Preheat your broiler.
Heat oil and butter in the skillet over a medium flame. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
Whisk the eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, cream, and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Then pour into skillet and stir to distribute the onions evenly and scatter broccoli evenly over the top.
Cover and cook until the egg is almost set, about 2 minutes.
Then uncover and place the skillet under the broiler until the top is golden brown and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Cut into slices and serve immediately.
- I usually have broccoli left over from the night before. If not, steam a few broccoli florets for about 4 minutes. You'll only need about 2 ounces.
- Depending upon your oven, you may have to place the skillet 7-12 inches away from the broiler flame so your frittata doesn't burn.
- Frittatas are a great way to use up leftovers. Try this recipe for gluten free broccoli frittata or let your imagination take over and create your own combination.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g