Bacon Brussels Sprouts
You can never go wrong with bacon, right? These super easy Brussels sprouts are always an instant hit with adults and kids alike. And they're keto because they're low carb and full of fiber.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 8- ounce package of bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter *see note for dairy-free option
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt to taste
Trim off the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts and cut off the knobby ends. Then cut each Brussels sprout in half.
Boil Brussels sprouts in 1 inch of water for 4 minutes. Set aside.
Cut bacon into bite size pieces and cook over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Melt butter in the same pan. Add garlic and Brussels sprouts cut side down and brown about 2 minutes.
Then toss with garlic and sprinkle with salt.
Finally, return bacon to the pan and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy.
- Trim off the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts, cut off the knobby ends and rinse well in cold water before cutting each in half.
- Boil the Brussels sprouts in an inch of water to tenderize before browning.
- For a dairy-free option, you can substitute extra-virgin olive oil instead of butter.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g