Gluten Free Turkey, Bacon, Swiss Cheese Melt
You can’t beat the taste of fresh, home cooked turkey in this gluten free turkey, bacon, swiss cheese melt. You may never to go back to ordinary turkey. Yum
- left over cooked turkey
- romaine lettuce
- tomato sliced
- Swiss cheese
- 4 slices gluten free bread
- 1 tablespoon gluten free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon gluten free mayonnaise We like Primal Kitchen Mayo.
- 3 tablespoons butter
For special sauce, mix ketchup and mayonnaise in a small bowl and set aside.
Then melt butter in a grill pan. Place buttered bread on grill pan so that you get those distinctive grill marks on the outside, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Next, for each sandwich, take several pieces of turkey, layer them with bacon, and cover with strips of Swiss cheese. Cover the skillet and heat until the cheese is melted.
To assemble: spread sauce on the inside of each slice of bread. Top the first slice with lettuce, turkey-bacon-cheese melt, and tomato. Then cover with the second slice of grilled bread.
- If you want to give your taste buds an added treat, make sure to pair this sandwich with healthy organic pickle slices.
- Today, I used Udi's sandwich bread. You can go with whichever bread you prefer.