Gluten Free Pizza Muffins
Pizza muffins are a delicious meal or snack.
- 2 gluten free English muffins
- 4 heaping tablespoons sauce recipe or if you prefer store bought Muir Glen is good
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tomato sliced
- basil to sprinkle on the tomato pizza muffins
- 3 slices of pepperoni for each pepperoni pizza muffin
- parmesan cheese grated
Preheat oven to 400℉.
Defrost frozen English muffins in your microwave or on the counter. Split each muffin with a fork and toast until golden.
Arrange toasted English muffin halves on a baking sheet.
Spoon pizza sauce onto each half.
Top with cheese.
Add your favorite toppings. I topped two of our halves with a slice of tomato and a sprinkling of basil. The other two I topped with pepperoni.
Bake for about 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
Take the pizza muffins out of the oven and sprinkle them with parmesan cheese.
Update: Joan's is no longer making english muffins. You may substitute your favorite english muffin in this recipe.
I can also recommend Udi's english muffins for this recipe.