Gluten Free Sloppy Joe
Ground beef in a tomatoey sauce makes a fun easy meal. Serve with lots of napkins.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 g Stevia
- salt to taste
- 15 ounce can Muir Glen tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce I use Lee & Perrins
- Butter for each toasted roll
Sauté peppers and onions in olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Brown beef in the same pan. Then add tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, Stevia and salt.
Stir peppers and onions back in with the beef and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve on toasted buttered gluten-free rolls.