Gluten Free Traditional Meatballs
Delicious gluten free traditional meatballs. My friend's grandmother gave me her traditional meatball recipe. Here is my gluten-free version of the recipe.
- 2 pounds of ground beef 80/20 chuck works best with this recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1/4 cup of gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- oil for frying
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Roll into meatballs.
Fry meatballs in oil and brown them well on all sides over medium-low heat, turning carefully about 10 minutes.
Then simmer meatballs in 1 1/2-2 quarts of gluten free sauce.
Serve and enjoy.
- You want to lightly roll your meatballs between your hands to form a ball that feels like it will hold together, but lightly so they will absorb the sauce that you will simmer them in after you fry them in oil.
- I use extra-virgin olive oil for frying over a medium flame being careful that the oil doesn't smoke. You can use another oil if you prefer.