Gluten Free Meatloaf
Juicy and tender no-fail gluten free meatloaf is a budget friendly meal everyone loves.
- 2 pounds of ground beef 80/20 is best
- ½ cup of onion minced
- 1/2 cup Shar’s bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a dash of pepper
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
Preheat oven to 350℉
Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, and minced onions in a large bowl. Also, season the mixture with salt and pepper. Then add your beaten egg to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
Line the bottom drip pan of a broiler pan with foil.
Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it on the slotted upper part of the broiler pan.
Bake for 1 ¼ hours.
Spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf and bake for 15 minutes more.
Let meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan to slice and serve.
- I recommend using this type of broiler pan with a grid top. Line the bottom drip pan of the broiler pan with foil.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it on the slotted upper part of the broiler pan. This will allow the fat to drain into the bottom drip pan.
- For a terrific gluten-free gravy try my Velvety Smooth gluten-free gravy (recipe here).
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days
- You can freeze your meatloaf in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let the meat cool down before placing it in the container.