Poached Low-Carb Meatballs
Poached low-carb meatballs will probably be the fastest and easiest meatballs you'll ever make.
- 1 pound of ground beef 80/20 chuck works best with this recipe
- 1 cup of minced cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 28 ounces marinara sauce
First mince your cauliflower in your food processor fitted with the large chopping blade.
In a large bowl, combine your beef, minced cauliflower, finely chopped garlic and onion, parsley, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Divide mixture into about twelve meatballs.
Drop raw meatballs into your pot of sauce. Carefully spoon sauce over your meatballs.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
- I carefully chose the seasonings for these meatballs. You're free to swap out or add any of your favorites. This is where you can make them your own.
- I used cauliflower rice in order to make these meatballs low-carb. If you prefer bread crumbs, go with them.
- Can you use store bought cauliflower rice? Yes. It would save on clean up and time, but I’ve found that it’s not as fresh tasting. Perhaps frozen rice would be better, but I can’t say for sure because haven’t tried it.
- Need to double the recipe? If you have 2 pounds of ground beef, add 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower rice, 2 eggs, and adjust the seasonings.
- When you first drop your raw meatballs into your sauce, don't stir them yet. Wait about 15 minutes for them to firm up and then you can gently stir them.
- Serve your meatballs with sautéed broccoli, over spaghetti squash, or with a fresh green salad.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.6g