Keto Low Carb Coleslaw
This delicious keto low carb coleslaw is made with avocado mayo for a healthy no sugar side dish.
Core and shred you cabbage. Then transfer your cabbage to a large bowl.
Mix in your mayo. Fold it all over until your cabbage is covered.
It's good to eat right away or cover and chill it in the fridge to marinate about 1 hour or until you're ready to serve. As the mixture sits, the cabbage will release some water. Stir it up and serve.
- How to core your cabbage: First, remove the thick outer leaves of your cabbage. Then, with a chef’s knife, cut your cabbage in half lengthwise, all the way through the core. Next, you’ll need to remove the triangular core. To do this, cut into the core at an angle where the stem meets the leaves of the cabbage and remove it. Now you’re ready to slice it.
Store the extra half: You can wrap the unused half tightly in plastic wrap or in a plastic bag, making sure to push all the air out. Store it in your fridge in the crisper drawer.
Don’t have a food processor or just don’t feel like taking it out? This mandoline also works for slicing thin strips. Or just chop or slice your cabbage by hand with a sharp chef’s knife.
- I love this creamy recipe. If you like a bit of vinegar, go ahead and add it. But only add a tiny bit. Seriously, I added way too much vinegar one time and I had to throw the whole batch out. Bleh. So just a little bit to taste.
- What else will you add? Shredded carrots? Red or white onions? Chives? Your favorite sweetener or garlic or a little dry mustard? How about chopped pickles, celery, or peppers if you like crunchiness? It's up to you.
- Can you use red cabbage? Yes you can or go with half red cabbage and half green.
- If you want to take a shortcut, you can usually buy cole slaw mix already sliced in the store.
- Your coleslaw will keep for 3-5 days in your fridge.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.6g