10-Minute Cucumber Bites (With Three Amazing Toppings)
Crisp cucumber bites with three delicious cream cheese spreads make a refreshing appetizer. They're an easy yet indulgent keto low carb treat.
- 2-3 cucumbers peeled and sliced into rounds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado mayo
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill
- dash of pepper
- For cream cheese and sesame spread mix in:
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- For cream cheese and onion spread mix-in:
- 1/2 or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- For smoked salmon spread mix-in:
- 2 ounces smoked salmon chopped
Place your softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add mayo, lemon juice, dill and pepper.
Beat on low until smooth and fluffy.
Topping 1. For sesame flavored spread, toast your seeds by heating them in a dry skillet on medium heat for about three minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon until they're fragrant and golden. Be careful not to burn them.
Topping 2. For onion flavored spread, Add onion powder into your cream cheese mixture and beat on low until combined. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste to see if you would like a stronger onion flavor.
Topping 3. For smoked salmon spread, mix your chopped smoked salmon into the cream cheese mixture and beat on low until well combined.
Set your topping aside and prepare you cucumber slices on a serving dish.
Then pipe your topping of choice or spread with a knife onto individual cucumber slices. Toasted sesame seeds can be sprinkled on the cream cheese mixture-topped cucumber.
- To soften your cream cheese, take it out of the fridge an hour before you're ready to begin.
- If you don't have avocado mayo, you can use regular mayonnaise.
- For a pretty design, score your cucumbers with a fork lengthwise before slicing into rounds. You can watch how I do this in the video right above the recipe card.
- The salmon spread can be difficult to pipe if the chunks are too big to fit through your piping tip so beat the mixture until it's smooth. Alternatively, spread it on your cucumber rounds with a knife.
- Your cream cheese mixture will keep in the fridge for up to a week. Just take it out of the fridge to soften an hour before you're ready to pipe or spread onto your cucumber rounds.
- Once your cucumber bites are assembled, they can be kept in the fridge for several hours until you're ready to serve.
- Please note, nutrition information is based on the cream cheese mixture. This will vary with mix-ins.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.4g