Low Carb Cauliflower Stuffing
This keto low carb cauliflower stuffing is a tasty alternative to bread stuffing. It's made all in one skillet so clean up is super easy too.
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of ground sausage
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 of an onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup of parsley
Preheat oven to 350℉
Pulse cauliflower florets in your food processor until it is minced. Then set it aside.
Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet. Add sausage and crumble up with a spatula while it sautés and is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl and set aside.
Save the rendered fat and add 2 tablespoons of butter to the same skillet. Add your onion and cook about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Add your minced cauliflower rice and stir. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes.
Uncover and season with salt, poultry seasoning, and parsley. Add you cooked sausage back in and stir.
Now transfer your skillet to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes (stirring half way through) until browned.
- Can you use store bought cauliflower rice? Yes. It would save on clean up and time, but I’ve found that it’s not as fresh tasting. Perhaps frozen rice would be better, but I can’t say for sure because I haven’t tried it.
- I like to crumble the sausage up and mince all of the cauliflower. If you would prefer a chunky stuffing, break up the sausage into bite-size pieces as well as adding some bite-size pieces of cauliflower to the mix.
- For the sausage, I recommend 365 Pork Mild Italian Sausage from Whole Foods which has no nitrites. Go with whichever sausage you prefer. It’s up to you. If your raw sausage is in casings, you’ll need to slip each sausage out of its casing. Then cook it in your skillet.
- If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet like cast-iron or this sauté pan, you will need to transfer your stuffing mixture to a baking dish for the oven.
- What ingredients will you add? Celery? Carrots? Nuts? Apples? Cranberries? Note that, depending on what you add, it will effect the carb count.
- Need to make it dairy-free? No problem. Instead of butter, use a dairy-free butter substitute like Earth Balance.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.9g