Garlicky Chicken Over Spaghetti Squash
- 1 pound thin-sliced chcken breast
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 roma plum tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- one handful fresh basil
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut you squash in half, remove seeds and strings with a spoon and brush the insides generously with olive oil. Bake face down in a baking dish for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cover and pound chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and brown about 3 minutes on each side. Turn off the flame. Remove chicken to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Then add the diced tomatoes to the oil in the skillet, bring to a boil and simmer about 30 minutes. The tomatoes will break down as they simmer. Stir occasionally, crushing the tomatoes with a fork.
- Add garlic and butter and stir.
- Add the chicken back in stir and heat through. Finally, stir in the basil and olives.
- By now your squash should be done and cool enough to handle. Scrape the spaghetti like strands from your squash and divide onto individual plates. Top with chicken and sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.