Gluten free pumpkin crisp is a super easy make-ahead dessert. Just don’t be surprised if you’re tempted to eat a third of it before it makes it to your table. Ha Ha It’s sooo good. 😊
Fill your home with the wonderful aroma of pumpkin crisp baking in the oven. It’s a great tasting alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.
Indeed, the delicious pecan topping makes it a hit with everyone.
It’s the perfect dessert for your Thanksgiving gathering because, well, pumpkin! Your guests will not believe it’s gluten free.
Let me show you how easy it is to make.
- canned pumpkin
- maple syrup
- gluten free yellow cake mix
- chopped pecans
- and lots of butter
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
This is so easy it’s been dubbed, dump cake. To make it even easier, the following numbered instructions correspond to the numbered pictures.
- Just dump your pumpkin, milk, maple syrup, and eggs with your spices in a large mixing bowl. Mix it all up and pour into a greased baking pan.
- Then cover your mixture with the yellow cake mix.
- Next sprinkle with pecans.
4. Finally, drizzle melted butter over the top. Easy peasy.
5. Pop it in the oven for an hour. After it’s done, let it cool completely on a rack.
6. Dig in and tell me what you think.
Pro tips and recipe notes
- I use organic pumpkin in this recipe. You can also use Libby’s if you prefer.
- Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve cold or at room temperature topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Yum.
- Your pumpkin crisp should keep 3-4 days covered in an airtight container in the fridge.
By all means, this pumpkin crisp is cozy comfort food in the strictest sense of the word. Don’t wait! Make it this week.
And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email and I’ll respond ASAP!
More recipes you might like
Gluten Free Dessert Collection – this is my complete dessert collection
Gluten Free Southern Spoon Bread – Naturally gluten free, Southern spoon bread is a delicious cross between bread pudding and a soufflé.
Gluten Free French Toast – You’ll love this cinnamony gluten free french toast cooked until golden and slightly crisp on the edges. It’s easy to make and so delicious.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Crisp
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then pour into the greased baking pan. Cover with gluten free yellow cake mix and sprinkle with pecans. Finally, drizzle with the melted butter. Bake until the top is brown, about 1 hour. Let cool completely on a rack. Serve and enjoy.
- I use organic pumpkin in this recipe. You can also use Libby's if you prefer.
- Cover and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- Serve cold or at room temperature topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Gluten Free Chicken And Broccoli Stir Fry - March 25, 2022
- Flourless Chocolate Cake With Video - February 8, 2022
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - November 30, 2021
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (Gluten Free) - November 19, 2021
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Egg Free) - November 5, 2021