Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Pie with MI-DEL’s Graham Style Pie Crust is every chocolate lover’s dream pie. And it’s so easy to make.
If you need to whip up a quick and easy dessert to top off your Christmas feast (or any special occasion meal), this delicious gluten free chocolate cream pie with store-bought graham-style crust is the perfect addition to your menu.
It takes only ten minutes to prepare and then sets in the refrigerator while you finish enjoying your holiday dinner.
Absolutely no cooking required.
This pie used to be a regular feature at every one of our holiday meals. When my family adopted a gluten free diet, I searched high and low for a substitute for the signature graham style crust that made this pie so irresistible.
Last week my search finally came to an end when I spotted it— MI-Del’s gluten free graham style pie crust, right there on the shelf at the grocery store.
Clutching it in my hands like a treasure, I went home and wasted no time in creating this heavenly dessert.
It had been over ten years since we last savored the rich, chocolatey goodness of this pie, and my kids were practically salivating in anticipation. I knew it was going to be something special.
As I sliced into the pie and served it up, the crust was an absolute triumph. It was crunchy and held together well without needing to be baked in the oven. It’s the perfect contrast to the layers of chocolate pudding and whipped topping.
Now, let me share the simple steps to make this easy dreamy creation. You’ll only need four ingredients.
- MI-DEL Gluten Free Graham Style pie crust: Ready made crust is quick, convenient, heavenly, and hassle-free.
- Milk: Whole milk, with its higher fat content, enriches the pudding with a luscious flavor and a velvety, creamy texture.
- Chocolate instant pudding mix: You can use Jell-O instant pudding or an organic chocolate pudding mix that’s usually found in a health food store.
- Whipped topping: You can use Cool Whip, but I like truwhip because it’s 70% organic and doesn’t contain any high fructose corn syrup. Thaw for 4 hours in the refrigerator until softened.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
To begin, grab a large bowl and combine the milk and pudding mix, and whisk until it’s smooth and velvety. The key is constant stirring, about one minute, to prevent lumps and ensuring the filling thickens to the right consistency.
Then, spoon 1 1/2 cups of this divine mixture into the crust, creating the foundation of chocolatey bliss.
Tip: The mixture has a thick and sticky consistency, so distribute spoonfuls evenly over the bottom crust and gently spread them using a spatula to avoid disturbing the graham-style crust.
Then, take half of the whipped topping and fold it into the remaining pudding mixture. This luscious combination gets spooned on top of the pudding layer in the crust, building a tower of creamy decadence.
And for the grand finale, my friend, spread the remaining whipped topping over the pie like a fluffy cloud of deliciousness. Can you feel your taste buds doing a happy dance already?
Here comes the hard part—patience. Pop that beauty in the refrigerator and let it chill for a good 4 hours.
Tip: Cover the pie with a dome top to protect its quality and presentation.
Now I know, it’s torture to wait, but it’s worth it. Once it’s perfectly set, take a knife, slice into that pie, and be prepared for a little taste of heaven.
Pro tips and recipe notes
What is the best way to slice and serve the pie for clean, neat pieces? To achieve clean slices, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry between each cut.
Can I make mini chocolate cream pies instead of one large pie? Yes, you can use individual pie crusts to make mini chocolate cream pies. Just be sure the crusts are gluten free.
What toppings can I use for this chocolate cream pie? Popular toppings include chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, sprinkles, or fresh berries.
How should I store leftovers? Store any leftover pie in the refrigerator, covered, to maintain its freshness.
So there you have it—my beloved homemade no-bake chocolate cream pie using store-bought gluten free crust. A dessert that holds memories and brings joy to my family’s table, and now to yours. Whip it up for your holiday feast, and I guarantee it will be the star of the show. Enjoy!
And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email, and I’ll respond ASAP!
I did not receive any compensation for writing this post. All opinions of the Mi-Del gluten free graham-style crust are completely my own. I just had to share this wonderful product with you.
More desserts you’ll love
Gluten Free Dessert Collection – my complete dessert collection!
Dark Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macaroons– every coconut lovers dream cookie: a ball of crispy shredded coconut, moist and chewy on the inside, golden on the outside, sweetened with raw honey, and drizzled with decadent dark chocolate.
Apple Pie – delicious homemade pie you can whip up and serve hot from the oven in about an hour.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins (Paleo And Grain Free) – get your ingredients together, and you’ll be taking these gluten-free coconut flour blueberry muffins out of the oven in just 25 minutes.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Pie with MI-DEL's Graham Style Pie Crust
- Combine the milk and pudding mix in a large bowl.2 cups milk, 2 Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the mixture into the crust.
- Stir 5 ounces of truwhip into the remaining pudding mixture.
- Then, spoon on top of pudding in the crust.
- Finally, top with the remaining truwhip.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours. Slice and enjoy.
- 8 Easy Low Carb Keto Quick Bites - November 26, 2023
- Crispy Salami Chips Recipe - November 21, 2023
- How To Make Caprese Salad: A Classic Italian Appetizer - November 17, 2023
- Chicken Soup: A Wholesome Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Whole 30 Recipe - November 12, 2023
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023