Here in the Northeast you can visit any diner and order a grilled corn muffin. They will cut the muffin in half, slather it with butter and grill it to perfection. But alas, the corn muffins from your local diner or bakery are not gluten free.
I have recreated the diner grilled corn muffin at home. I start with gluten free corn muffins from Foods By George. They are a little grainy like really good corn muffins should be, not dry or crumbly.
Who can resist this? Paired with your favorite hot beverage or as a side with eggs, a grilled corn muffin is delicious.
Gluten Free Grilled Corn Muffin
- 1 muffin from package of frozen Foods By George gluten free corn muffins
- 1-2 tblsp. butter
- Wrap frozen muffin in a paper towel and microwave on high for about 40 seconds. Let sit for a minute to distribute the heat. Carefully slice muffin in half with a sharp knife. Then, coat the grill with lots of butter and cook (cut sides down) on medium until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Does this whet your appetite? Please leave your comment in the box below.
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019