Here in the Northeast you can visit any diner and order a grilled corn muffin. They will cut the muffin in half, slather it with butter and grill it to perfection. But alas, the corn muffins from your local diner or bakery are not gluten free.
I have recreated the diner grilled corn muffin at home. I start with gluten free corn muffins from Foods By George. They are a little grainy like really good corn muffins should be, not dry or crumbly.
Who can resist this? Paired with your favorite hot beverage or as a side with eggs, a gluten free grilled corn muffin is delicious.
Pro tips and recipe notes
- Today, I have frozen corn muffins from Foods By George. Go with any corn muffins you prefer.
- For individual serving, wrap each frozen muffin in a paper towel and microwave on high for about 40 seconds. Let it sit for a minute to distribute the heat before slicing.
Also, I want to note that I didn’t receive any compensation from Foods By George for writing this recipe. These opinions are completely my own — I just had to share this wonderful product with all of you.
Grilling really intensifies the flavor of these muffins. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
More recipes with our favorite gluten free brands
Review: Against The Grain Rolls – Here’s my review of gluten free Against the Grain Rolls including recipes for three savory and simple gluten free sandwiches you’ll love.
Chocolate Cream Pie with MI-DEL’s Graham Style Pie Crust – This is every chocolate lover’s dream pie. And it’s so easy to make.
Chicken Enchiladas – Having the best tasting corn tortillas is definitely an important part of this dish, I have reviewed two different brands for you.
Pizza Muffins – Love pizza? These pizza muffins are a delicious meal or snack.
Gluten Free Grilled Corn Muffin
- 1 frozen gluten free corn muffin
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- Wrap frozen muffin in a paper towel and microwave on high for about 40 seconds. Let sit for a minute to distribute the heat. Carefully slice muffin in half with a sharp knife. Then, coat the grill with lots of butter and cook (cut sides down) on medium until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Spicy Salmon Bake Cups (Gluten Free And Low Carb) - December 16, 2022
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022
- High-Protein Smoothie With Strawberries - July 15, 2022
Hungry for more?
Sign up and I'll send you my eCookbook, Top 10 Recipes as a welcome gift
plus new articles and recipes delivered fresh to your inbox!
Audra Silva says
This looks delicious. I pinned it for later. 🙂
Thanks, Audra Taking photos of my food for pinterst is almost as much fun as eating it 🙂