This broccoli frittata fits right into the keto way of eating with the perfect balance of protein and healthy fat. Yum.
As my family prepares to celebrate Christmas, I am planning a quick and easy Christmas morning meal. I don’t want to have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and miss the gift-giving and laughter, but I do want to serve a special memorable breakfast. Gluten free broccoli frittata only takes 10 minutes to prepare and another 10 minutes to cook while we finish opening our stockings.
Gluten Free Broccoli Frittata
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons onion chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cooked broccoli chopped
- Heat oil in the skillet over a medium flame. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, cream, and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Then pour into skillet and stir to distribute the onions evenly and scatter broccoli evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook until the egg is almost set, about 2 minutes.
- Then uncover and place the skillet under the broiler until the top is golden brown and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.