Bacon and egg cups make a fun, tasty meal; at home or for breakfast on-the-go.Nothing says good morning quite like a breakfast of eggs and bacon. On Saturdays, John cooks up the strips of bacon in a skillet while Nicole and I prepare the eggs.
We’re a big family and everyone has their favorite. Some of us like our eggs sunny side up, others hard-boiled, but we all agree that they’re delicious scrambled up soft and fluffy.
For Easter weekend, I wanted to make an extra special breakfast so I decided to put a new spin on bacon and scrambled eggs with these delicious little egg cups stuffed with broccoli and wrapped in strips of bacon.
They make a fun, tasty meal; at home or for breakfast on-the-go.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
To make these egg cups, you will need a muffin tin. Make sure to butter each muffin cup well so that the egg and bacon do not stick.
I partially cooked the bacon beforehand in a skillet as the bacon will take longer to cook than the egg. I then wrapped each muffin cup with one strip of bacon before pouring in the raw whisked egg.
These egg cups are a creative way to make use of leftovers. The night before I had made broccoli sautéed in garlic and oil. I added a few pieces of broccoli to each egg cup along with freshly grated aged parmesan cheese.
Since you’re making them in a muffin tin, you can tailor each one to each person’s taste, adding in whatever ingredients you’d like and seasoning with your favorite herbs.
For those of you who like poached eggs, you can crack an egg over each bacon wrapped muffin cup, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 15 minutes until the egg whites are just set.
Any way you make them, they’re sure to be a hit. Just bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, watch them puff up beautifully, and breakfast is ready!This recipe is a must-try if you love scrambled eggs and bacon as much as we do. Sprinkle in your favorite vegetables for a healthy treat. Enjoy! Happy Easter!
Love eggs? Try these recipes
Broccoli Frittata This healthy frittata is so delicious. Let me show you how easy it is to make.
Italian Frittata With Sausage, Red Peppers, Potatoes, And Onions– I fill my Italian frittata with sautéed sweet Italian sausage, red peppers, russet potatoes, and onions (all diced up very small). All gluten free and even dairy free. It’s so good.
Crustless Quiche Lorraine (Gluten Free And Low Carb) The ingredients in this recipe are for a classic Quiche Lorraine minus the pastry shell. It’s filled with bacon, eggs, cream, and French cheese like Gruyère or Emmental.
Gluten Free Southern Spoon Bread – Naturally gluten free, Southern spoon bread is a delicious cross between bread pudding and a soufflé.
Gluten free clafoutis You’re going to love this gluten free cherry clafoutis version of a very special rustic French egg custard treat.
Bacon and Egg Cups
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Steam broccoli for 4 minutes. Then heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and saute until golden. Add broccoli and toss. Sprinkle with a little salt. Set aside.
- Partially cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Drain on a plate with paper towels.
- Butter each muffin cup. Wrap the inside of each muffin cup with one strip of bacon.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper and add scrambled eggs mixture to each cup filling up about half way. Divide and add broccoli to each cup and top with grated parmesan cheese. and then bake 15 - 20 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen them, transfer to plates and serve.
- 8 Easy Low Carb Keto Quick Bites - November 26, 2023
- Crispy Salami Chips Recipe - November 21, 2023
- How To Make Caprese Salad: A Classic Italian Appetizer - November 17, 2023
- Chicken Soup: A Wholesome Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Whole 30 Recipe - November 12, 2023
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023