This afternoon boost smoothie is our latest green smoothie creation. Wow! This is so good.
John has a penchant for tinkering with ingredients in our trusty super blender, an activity that transports him back to his days of classroom chemistry experiments.
But the lab in question isn’t filled with bubbling beakers and perplexing equations—it’s our very own kitchen, where he has blended his latest masterpiece: the gluten free, green Large-Batch Afternoon Boost Smoothie.
Oh, let me tell you, it’s as if John threw caution to the wind and invited every wholesome ingredient from our fridge to join in.
Carrots, sweet and vibrant, rub shoulders with a crisp apple, ready to bring their natural sweetness to the mix. Kale lends its leafy charm, promising an infusion of vitamins and minerals.
Next? Half of a luscious avocado, creamy and rich. And then, celery, lending its sweet and subtle earthiness. Ah, but wait, there’s more! A clove of garlic makes its entrance, a whisper of savory flavor.
We recommend organic produce free of chemicals and pesticides, whenever possible.
Oh, but it doesn’t end there.
I had just cut up a juicy wedge of watermelon, dripping with summer sweetness. John’s eyes sparkled with a touch of mischief as he seized the opportunity, tossing that succulent watermelon into the mix.
Yum. I love watermelon in smoothies.
And then, a dash of cayenne pepper. Just a smidgen, mind you, to provide a gentle kick of warmth and excitement. It’s vibrantly fresh and soothing, yet with a zing that wakes up your taste buds.
Here’s how to create this glass of goodness in your own kitchen.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
The best way to make this smoothie is in a super blender. I have the Vitamix Professional Series 500. It’s over 9 years old and still going strong. It has an easy smoothie preset button so it only takes seconds to make.
First wash the produce thoroughly, core the apple and pit the avocado. Cut up the apple, carrots, celery, watermelon, and avocado.
Then add a cup of water to your blender, followed by kale, garlic, watermelon, carrots, celery, apple, and avocado.
We keep the heavier ingredients on top of the mixture. This will get the blender moving faster and prevent stalling.
Secure the lid and set the super blender to the pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
If your blender doesn’t have a pre-programmed setting, Select Variable 1.Turn the machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 1 minute.
And that’s it! A drink that rejuvenates us from the inside out.
Pro tips and recipe notes
1. Can I use a food processor to make this smoothie? Yes, if you don’t have a super blender, a food processor can be used to prepare this smoothie.
2. Is the Afternoon Boost Green Smoothie suitable for vegetarians and vegans? Yes, the recipe is entirely plant-based, making it suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
3. Can I adjust the spiciness of the smoothie? Absolutely! The amount of cayenne pepper can be adjusted to your preference, allowing you to control the level of spiciness.
4. Is the recipe customizable? Certainly! Feel free to experiment by adding your favorite fruits, vegetables, or superfood boosts to tailor the smoothie to your liking.
5. Can I replace kale with another leafy green? Of course! Spinach, lettuce, Swiss chard, or collard greens can be substituted for kale if desired.
6. Can I prepare the smoothie in advance? While the freshest taste is achieved by consuming the smoothie immediately, you can store any leftover portions in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
This is a family-size recipe, yielding 6 servings of pure revitalization in every batch. So, here I stand, holding a glass filled with this emerald shake, knowing it’s too good not to share.
More healthy smoothies
My Healing Green Smoothie – Discover many important green smoothie benefits and a step-by-step tutorial with beautiful photos showing how to make a healing green smoothie. You’re going to love this smoothie.
Radiant Skin Smoothie (With Chia Seeds) – You’ll love this green smoothie. It’s made in your super blender including berries, greens, celery, apple and chia seeds which promote radiant skin.
Strawberry And Yogurt Smoothie – This smoothie is a healthy treat rather than treats with empty calories. And it’s made with probiotics: a healthy way to heal your tummy.
Large-Batch Afternoon Boost Smoothie
- 3 cups water
- 5 leaves of Lacinto kale
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup watermelon
- 4 medium carrots chopped
- 1 gala apple cored and sliced
- 1/2 avacado pitted, peeled, and cut
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- dash cayenne pepper optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.3 cups water, 5 leaves of Lacinto kale, 2 cloves garlic, 1 cup watermelon, 4 medium carrots, 1 gala apple, 1/2 avacado, 1 stalk celery
- To serve, pour into individual glasses. If desired, add a dash of cayenne pepper and stir.dash cayenne pepper
- 8 Easy Low Carb Keto Quick Bites - November 26, 2023
- Crispy Salami Chips Recipe - November 21, 2023
- How To Make Caprese Salad: A Classic Italian Appetizer - November 17, 2023
- Chicken Soup: A Wholesome Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Whole 30 Recipe - November 12, 2023
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023