This easy ground beef chili is the perfect comfort food.
Even though I don’t have gluten sensitivity, I’ve found that a low carbohydrate diet (including fewer complex starches) is simply more ideal. Here’s a hearty recipe for gluten-free ground beef chili we enjoy without pasta, bread, or beans.
Ingredients you’ll need to make gluten free ground beef chili
• extra-virgin olive oil
• a red pepper
• ground beef
• chili powder
• fresh garlic
• a can of crushed tomatoes
• Jalapeño Peppers
• red wine vinegar
• salt and pepper
How to make gluten free ground beef chili
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Ready to make chili? Here we go.
Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large pot until it is hot but not smoking. Add your diced onions and bell peppers. Let them sauté for about 10 minutes. Yum.
Next, add the ground beef, breaking up the meat with a spatula and incorporating the peppers and onion. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
Now stir in the crushed tomatoes, garlic, and spices. Stir it all up and simmer for an hour.
Just before you’re ready to serve, stir in a tablespoon of vinegar for a real flavor boost. Then season with salt and pepper and your chili is ready to enjoy with Jalapeño Peppers if you like it hot. 😊
When you make this recipe, share your snap on Instagram and tag @glutenfreehomestead. I always love seeing your photos.
Gluten Free Ground Beef Chili
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons Jalapeño Peppers - diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot, add the onions and red pepper. Cook until soft and the onions are beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper. Add it to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until it has browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, chili powder, garlic, tomatoes, and 2-4 tablespoons diced Jalapeño peppers depending on how hot you’d like your chili.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019