You’re going to love this game day chili dip. It looks like chili and tastes like chili, but it’s dip! Yum.
The most important food at a Super Bowl party is undeniably the dip. This homemade, gluten-free and low-carb chunky chili dip has all the ingredients necessary to make it a crowd-pleasing favorite on game day.
Hearty ground beef. Check. Jalapeno pepper. Check. Cheddar cheese. Check. Bacon. Check. But, hey, why stop there? You can see from the ingredients list in the recipe that I kicked it up a notch to make this dip even more flavorful and incredibly healthy. Applegate No Nitrate Hot Dogs? Yes! Coconut oil? Yes! Apple Cider Vinegar? Yesss!
Coconut oil is a super food that has all kinds of amazing health benefits from improving skin health to brain function. Raw apple cider vinegar alkalizes the body, balancing your pH, to help you fight off disease and inflammation. I especially like Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar because it contains the “mother” of the vinegar: strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria. Sneaking these two super-charged ingredients into this mouthwateringly delicious dip turns it into the perfect football party food.
The dip is super-easy to make. First, I heat the coconut oil in a large pot before adding the ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper. Once the beef has browned, I toss in the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook until soft. Next come the spices to make this the most savory dip you’ve ever tasted: oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, and chili powder. Yum. Then a bit of garlic and crushed tomatoes. I bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about an hour, letting all the flavors blend together.
Finally, I add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and stir. Next come two of my favorite ingredients: the hot dogs and Mascarpone cheese. I love adding Mascarpone cheese to my dips and stuffings as it gives them a creamier texture and holds all of the ingredients together. Make sure to drain some of the liquid off at this point if, like me, you like your dip dryer and thicker.
Now the dip is nearly ready! Just need to transfer to a casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon. Then, I pop into the oven for five minutes. The dip is warm and crispy and ready to be garnished with the rest of the bacon, cheddar cheese and scallions.
Make sure to use sturdy chips for hearty dips like this one as thinner chips will break more easily. I recommend the tasty organic Green Mountain Gringo blue corn tortilla chips that I found at my local health food store. They are certified 100% gluten free.
Following a low-carb way of eating? No problem. Dig in with celery sticks, slices of bell peppers, or bake some pepperoni slices until they’re crispy so they’ll be sturdy enough for dipping in. Yum.
I love that the Super Bowl is an excuse to throw a party whether or not you’re a football fan. And now I love the fact that it’s an excuse to make this delicious dip. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Game Day Chili Dip
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 14.5 ounce. can Muir Glen crushed tomatoes
- 2 plum roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated, divided
- 1/2 lb. Applegate no nitrate bacon cooked and diced, divided
- 6 Applegate no nitrate hot dogs cooked and diced
- 4 oz. gluten free mascarpone cheese
- scallions for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot,. Season ground beef with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Cook stirring frequently, until it has browned, about 10 minutes. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook until soft, about 10 more minutes. Add oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, chili powder, garlic, and tomatoes, Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Mix in mascarpone cheese and hot dogs and transfer to a casserole dish. Strain if there is too much liquid and you like your dip dryer.
- Top with 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and half of the bacon. Bake for 5 minutes. Garnish with the rest of the bacon, cheddar cheese and scallions. Serve warm.
- How To Cook Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak - October 3, 2018
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018