Chicken wings are a simple crowd pleaser. Unfortunately, many times when my family wants to order chicken wings from a restaurant, the wings are floured or dipped in batter and breading before cooking. They are not gluten-free.
In this recipe, I brush the wings with melted butter and season with salt. Then, I sprinkle with garlic powder because as Mom used to say, “you can never have too much garlic”.
*For a dairy-free option, you can substitute extra-virgin olive oil instead of butter. 🙂
Do you like your wings a little spicy? You can season them with chili powder or paprika or cumin too!
Whether you bake them in your oven or barbecue them outside on the grill, chicken wings are a year-round favorite.
Here’s a tip. If you make your wings in the oven, place them on a rack that fits in a baking sheet so that the fat will drain off the wings. Otherwise, they will be sitting in their grease and get soggy.
Enjoy! Have a happy and healthy week.
And if you make these gluten free chicken wings, share your snap on Instagram and tag #glutenfreehomestead. I always love seeing your photos.
Want to save this recipe? Here’s the pin!
- 50 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted *see note for dairy-free option
- salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Fire up the grill or preheat oven to 375˚
- Brush wings with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Cook wings for one hour (turn over after ½ hour) until crisp and cooked through. Serve and enjoy.
- Here’s a tip: If you make your wings in the oven, place them on a rack that fits in a baking sheet so that the fat will drain off the wings. Otherwise, they will be sitting in their grease and get soggy.
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018