Bacon wrapped asparagus makes a great starter or perfect side.
Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest ones. The ones that require only a handful of fresh ingredients to make a dish that is elegant and tasty and, yet, so effortless to prepare.
I’ve added bacon to many of my vegetable dishes, but I think with asparagus I have finally found the perfect match.
Seriously, I am in love with this recipe and couldn’t wait to share it with you all.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Bundles of asparagus are brushed with a mixture of coconut oil, avocado oil, and garlic, wrapped in strips of bacon, and then roasted in the oven until crispy on the outside and deliciously succulent on the inside.
Take that first bite, and you are rewarded with the most wonderful combination of flavors. The crunchiness of the bacon beautifully compliments the oh-so tender, juicy spears of asparagus.
And I can’t get over what a beautiful presentation these make: it’s a go-to dish for a quick and easy appetizer at your next party. Or you can just serve them as a side dish at dinner and watch your kids gobble up their vegetables in minutes.
This is definitely a most nutritious vegetable to add to the menu. Not only is asparagus filled with antioxidants, it is also an excellent source of fiber, folate, and vitamins A, C, E and K.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
First, divide the asparagus spears into bundles of about four or five, depending on how thick you want your bundles to be. Then, brush each bundle with the garlic, coconut oil, and avocado oil mixture. Wrap with two slice of bacon and place the bundles on the rack.
Brush each bundle again with the oils and garlic mixture and bake for thirty-five to forty minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Remove to a plate and they’re ready to be eaten!
This is such a healthy treat whether you’re paleo, gluten free, an asparagus fan, a bacon fan, or just looking for a new addition to your collection of vegetable recipes (especially if you’re trying to get your kids to eat more veggies). 🙂 Enjoy, friends!
You Might Also Like:
How To Cut And Prepare Spaghetti Squash (Includes step by step pictures and cooking video!)
How To Make A Perfect Pan Seared Flat Iron Steak (This method is also excellent for strip steak, rib-eye, or flank steak!)
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Mix garlic, coconut oil, and avocado oil together in a small bowl.
- Place a rack on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to catch the bacon dripping.
- Brush asparagus with oil mixture. Divide the asparagus spears into bundles containing 4 or 5 asparagus spears. Wrap each bundle with two slices of bacon. Place the bundles on the rack. Brush each bundle again with the oil mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Serve and enjoy.
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019