Ever have a hectic day and just want to enjoy a tasty treat with dinner? These parmesan baked sweet potatoes are sure to make any meal extra-special. The sweet potatoes are roasted in lots of butter with a hint of garlic and parmesan cheese that forms an out-of-this-world delicious parmesan crust on top. Your taste buds are going to love this recipe.
I love that this recipe can be both incredibly tasty and nutritious at the same time. Sweet potatoes contain iron, magnesium, and potassium, as well as vitamins B6, C, and D. Our bodies are usually low on Vitamin D during the wintertime when we may not get enough sunlight, so sweet potatoes are an excellent way to boost our Vitamin D intake. And, of course, they have the sweetest flavor that almost makes them taste like a dessert.
Here where I live, the supermarkets have been selling humongous organic sweet potatoes. They are over a pound each, sometimes a pound and a quarter or more. If the ones that you buy are that big too, make sure to cut them in quarters after you peel them. They cook better when they’re smaller.
For the parmesan cheese, I recommend buying an aged parmesan. Aged cheeses are supposed to have a lower lactose content than lesser aged varieties.
To make the sweet potatoes, preheat your oven to 400℉. Melt a quarter cup of butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish in the oven for about 3 minutes.
Then, sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese all around the butter along with garlic powder, a little salt, and pepper. Now put your potatoes cut side down on top of the seasoned butter and cheese mixture. Brush the sweet potatoes with some more of the melted butter, sprinkle with a little more salt, and pop in your oven.
While the potatoes are roasting, you can prepare the rest of your dinner. In forty-five minutes these mouthwatering beauties will be ready. And they smell so good while they’re roasting, filling the whole house with the most delectable aroma. This is when your kids will probably be wandering into the kitchen to see what’s cooking that smells so good. 😉
When the potatoes are done, let them rest for about 5 minutes, garnish them with fresh chopped parsley, and serve. You could eat them with a fork if you like, but then you wouldn’t get to lick your fingers.
John has dubbed these candy potatoes. I can’t wait for you to taste them.
Have a happy and healthy week, friends!
Pin this recipe!
- 2 pounds of organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into halves or quarters depending upon the size of each potato
- ¼ cup butter + 2 tablespoons, divided
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 ℉.
- Melt ¼ cup of butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the butter.
- Place potatoes cut side down in the seasoned butter. Brush potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, sprinkle with salt, and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let them rest for 5 minutes. Gently lift each potato with a spatula and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018