Rosemary sweet potatoes are healthy and easy to make. They’re utterly addictive!
Caramelized shallots, roasted sweet potatoes, mushrooms and chopped garlic cloves are sprinkled with fresh parsley in this delectable holiday treat. I’m looking forward to serving this up as one of the vegetable side dishes at my family’s Christmas dinner. Read about the many health benefits of sweet potatoes here. This recipe is quick and easy to make and healthy and safe for everyone to enjoy: gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and paleo friendly.
I actually made this dish for the first time last week after a crazy day of holiday busyness. I was craving something delicious to snack on in the evening while I did my Christmas shopping (who else is skipping the crowded malls and shopping online?).
All of my Christmas preparations seem to be very last minute this year. In fact, my family didn’t even embark on our Christmas tree expedition until this past Friday. Bundled into our hats and coats and scarves, we piled into the car and drove off for the farm where we’ve bought our tree for the past several years. Imagine our alarm when we saw that there were only five trees left, and those were far too big to fit into our living room.
Starting to become worried, we headed off to several other nurseries, but each one was already closed, and it didn’t look like any of them had a very large selection of trees either. How could all of the trees have been bought so quickly? Surely there must be others like us who waited the weekend before Christmas to find the perfect tree. We returned home, dejected, hoping that our search would be more fruitful Saturday morning.
But I’m pleased to report that this story has a happy ending. Our Christmas will not be tree-less. Saturday morning we headed out once again, hoping one of the nurseries would still have a nice selection left. Even at the nurseries, nearly all of the trees were gone, but there was one that was waiting very patiently for us, and we knew at once it was ours: a beautiful Fraser Fir, the perfect size to fit into the corner of our living room. I just love the fresh smell of the pine needles at Christmastime.
And that beautifully decorated tree is now reminding me daily that I need to put the finishing touches on the menu for my family’s Christmas dinner. These Rosemary Sweet Potatoes and Mushrooms will definitely be on the table.
First, I mixed the sweet potatoes, shallots, garlic, and rosemary in a large bowl with chicken broth, vinegar, and olive oil. Bionaturae balsamic vinegar is gluten free from a dedicated gluten free facility! I then baked them in a pan for fifteen minutes before adding the mushrooms. I stirred all of the vegetables together and baked for another twenty-five minutes. The house filled with the wonderful smell of that glorious roasted sweetness. Yum.
Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season! Make sure to take some time off from your busy schedule and enjoy some delicious food with friends and family. 🙂
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Rosemary Sweet Potatoes and Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup gluten free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten free balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 6 large shallots peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms washed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush baking dish with olive oil. Whisk chicken broth, olive oil, and vinegar in a small bowl. Mix sweet potatoes, shallots, garlic and rosemary in large bowl. Pour half of broth mixture over and toss; sprinkle with salt. Spread entire mixture on a baking sheet. Roast until potatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss mushrooms with remaining broth mixture in the bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then add mushrooms to partially cooked sweet potato mixture.. Return to oven; roast until potatoes and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20-30 minutes longer. Garnish with parsley.
- How To Cook Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak - October 3, 2018
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018