Sweet potato pie is a traditional side dish in the Southern United States and a particular favorite at our Thanksgiving feast. We haven’t quite decided whether it’s a side dish or a dessert when topped with whipped cream. There’s nothing quite like it.
Here’s my easy method for you to sweet potato pie:
Preheat your oven to 400℉
Remove pie crust from the freezer and thaw for 15 minutes. (I like Kinnikinnick pie crust) Prick the thawed shell on the bottom and sides with a fork.
Meanwhile, cut your potatoes into 2 inch chunks and steam them over boiling water for about 20 minutes.
Then blend the sweet potatoes, milk and cream in your Vitamix. (If you don’t have a Vitamix, you can pureé the mixture in your food processor.)
Now whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Then add 1 1/2 cups of the sweet potato mixture, butter, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Finally, stir and pour into the pie shell.
Bake your pie for 20 minutes.
Then reduce the oven temperature to 325℉ and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
Now let your pie cool on a rack.
Cut yourself a slice and top with whip cream. With the first bite, you’ll fall in love with its sweet, creamy goodness. Enjoy, friends!
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 frozen gluten free pie crust
- 1 1/2 pounds of sweet potatoes peeled
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Remove pie crust from the freezer and thaw for 15 minutes. Prick thawed shell on the bottom and sides with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes into 2 inch chunks and steam over boiling water, about 20 minutes.
- Place sweet potatoes, milk and cream into your Vitamix container and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 1 minute so that potatoes are nicely pureed. (If you do not have a Vitamix, you may pureé in your food processor.)
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups of sweet potato mixture, butter, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325℉ and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Let pie cool on a rack and serve with whipped cream.
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019