Gluten free french onion soup with three kinds of melted cheese and gluten free baguette bread is the perfect delicious comfort food.
Ah, french onion soup is so wonderful baked in a crock with melted cheese on top. When dining out you can order french onion soup without the bread, or you can wait until you get home and follow this recipe for gluten free french onion soup.
What ingredients do you need to make French Onion Soup?
• Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour
• chicken bouillon
• beef bouillon
• Worcestshire sauce
• white wine
• parmesan cheese
• Schar baguette
• swiss cheese
• mozzarella cheese
• and Paprika
How to make fast and delicious French Onion Soup
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
First melt butter in your saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Stir occasionally. Then stir in some flour. Then add bouillon, water, worcestershire sauce and wine. Increase the heat until soup is boiling and then reduce to a simmer and cover for just about 15 minutes.
Then divide your soup into oven proof soup bowls. Float one slice of toasted baguette bread in each bowl and top with swiss cheese, mozzarella cheese, and a dash of paprika.
Arrange the bowls on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is melted.
And that’s it! Delicious gluten free french onion soup for everyone to enjoy.
Gluten Free French Onion Soup
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 tblsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tblsp. Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 cup of gluten free chicken bouillon
- 3 cups of gluten free beef bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. gluten free Worcestshire sauce I use Lee & Perrins
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tblsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Schar baguette toasted and sliced
- 12 slices swiss cheese divided
- 6 tblsp. mozzarella cheese divided
- Paprika sprinkled atop each serving
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook on medium for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Then stir in flour. Add bouillon, water, worcestershire sauce and wine. Increase heat until soup is boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Divide soup into 6 oven proof soup bowls. Float one slice of toasted baguette bread in each bowl and top with 2 slices of swiss cheese, a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese, and a dash of paprika.
- Arrange bowls on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Have you adapted a dish for food allergies? Please share in the comments box below?