Ah, french onion soup is so wonderful baked in a crock with melted cheese on top. When dining out you can order french onion soup without the bread, or you can wait until you get home and follow this recipe for gluten free french onion soup.
Gluten Free French Onion Soup
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 tblsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tblsp. Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 cup of gluten free chicken bouillon
- 3 cups of gluten free beef bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. gluten free Worcestshire sauce I use Lee & Perrins
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tblsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Schar baguette toasted and sliced
- 12 slices swiss cheese divided
- 6 tblsp. mozzarella cheese divided
- Paprika sprinkled atop each serving
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook on medium for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Then stir in flour. Add bouillon, water, worcestershire sauce and wine. Increase heat until soup is boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Divide soup into 6 oven proof soup bowls. Float one slice of toasted baguette bread in each bowl and top with 2 slices of swiss cheese, a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese, and a dash of paprika.
- Arrange bowls on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Have you adapted a dish for food allergies? Please share in the comments box below?
- How To Cook Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak - October 3, 2018
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018