Gluten Free Sole Meunière is a delicious and elegant dish that you can have ready in just fifteen minutes.
My husband is not a big fish eater, but he does have a few favorite fish dishes and gluten free sole meunière is one of them. I’m glad because fish is so good for you and I’m always looking to add more seafood dishes.
The French word “meunière” means “miller’s wife” and refers to the way the fish is dredged in flour before cooking. Hence those with a gluten sensitivity cannot order this classic dish when dining out.
By swapping the flour for gluten free all purpose flour, you can prepare this simple rustic dish at home.
Here’s the recipe for this delicious and elegant dish that you can have ready in just fifteen minutes: Gluten Free Sole Meunière.
What is Meunière sauce made of?
The sauce is simply made with brown butter, lemon, and parsley.
So, all the ingredients you’ll need to make Gluten Free Sole Meunière are:
• Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose flour
• sole fillets
• fresh lemons
• and parsley
How to make delicious gluten free Sole Meunière
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Rinse and pat the sole fillets dry with paper towels and sprinkle one side with salt.
Combine your flour with salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Then dredge the sole fillets in the seasoned flour.
Now heat your butter in a large skillet over a medium heat until it starts to brown.
Add fillets, two at a time and cook until golden on the bottom. Carefully turn your fish over and cook until opaque in center and golden on bottom.
While the second side cooks, add the juice of your lemon to the pan.
Then carefully transfer your fish fillets to a plate and pour your lemon butter sauce from the skillet over the fish.
Sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper. And keep the fillets warm while you repeat with your floured fillets.
For extra sauce, add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to the skillet, stir, scraping up the little bits. Serve sauce on the side.
What Should I Serve With Gluten Free Sole Meunière?
Serve with your favorite vegetables for a quick easy meal.
And that’s it! Delicious Sole Meunière made gluten free so that everyone at your table can enjoy.
More Easy Recipes For You!
Gluten-Free Classic Italian Lasagna (Step by step guide with lots of photos and tips!)
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Sole Meunière (Easy And Delicious)
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sole fillets 3-4 ounces each
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 6 tablespoons + 1/4 cup juice of fresh lemons
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Rinse and pat the sole fillets dry with paper towels and sprinkle one side with salt.
- Combine gf flour, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge sole fillets in the seasoned flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat until it starts to brown. Add 2 floured fillets and cook until golden on bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn fish over and cook until opaque in center and golden on bottom, about 2 more minutes. While the second side cooks, add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the pan.
- Carefully transfer fish fillets to a plate and pour sauce from the skillet over the fish. Sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Keep warm while you repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining 2 floured fillets.
- For extra sauce, add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to the skillet, stir, scraping up the little bits. Serve sauce on the side.