This easy bacon, corn, and zucchini sauté is a delicious side where the veggies really sing.
This post has been updated with more helpful tips, new photos, and a video.
It’s the bacon that makes this side dish irresistible. This easy naturally gluten free zucchini and corn sauté with bacon is the perfect choice for your next holiday meal or potluck dinner.
It will go quick.
Sautéing is the simple healthy way to integrate the flavors in this dish.
How to sauté
Using the dry-heat from your hot pan and the small amount of fat from your bacon, your veggies will develop incredible flavor. Simply, toss them around with a wooden spoon so they cook evenly.
To make this zucchini and corn sauté, you’ll only need six ingredients.
• Bacon: My choice today is Applegate organic Sunday bacon because it doesn’t contain any nitrites or chemical preservatives. You can go with your favorite bacon.
Bacon is the ultimate flavor booster that infuses a salty and savory taste and an irresistible texture to this dish.
• Zucchini: My zucchini is fresh from my garden. You can’t beat that just picked flavor. Zucchini from your local supermarket will work perfectly well too.
• Corn: Today, I’m using frozen organic corn so there’s no worry about GMOs. Whether it’s frozen, fresh corn in season or canned corn that’s been drained, they’ll work great in this recipe.
You can use yellow or white corn as well, whichever you prefer.
• Onion: I love the sweet taste and soft texture that onions add to the dish.
• White pepper: White pepper has a milder more earthy taste than black pepper. Black pepper will work in this recipe too.
• Sharp cheddar cheese: The cheese I have today is naturally lactose-free cheese due to a natural aging process. So if you have a lactose sensitivity, it’s good to know.
I recommend cheese that you grate yourself. The pre-grated type contains preservatives meant to keep it from clumping. It doesn’t melt quite as well.
That being said, I have used pre-grated 4 cheese Mexican cheese in this recipe and it was fine. You can go with any grated cheese you prefer.
Variations on this recipe
Yellow squash can be substituted for zucchini in this dish. You can also mix and match both for a colorful and flavorful variation.
If you prefer a spicier version of this sauté, simply add cayenne pepper or throw in some diced jalapeño for an extra kick.
Let me show you how easy it is to make.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Start by cooking your bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Then transfer your bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Then add corn, zucchini and onion to the bacon fat in the skillet. Sauté for about ten minutes.
Finally, season with a dash of pepper, top with bacon, and shredded cheese. Stir until your cheese is melted.
And that’s it. Easy peasy.
Pro tips and recipe notes
• Gather all your ingredients. Measure, grate, and dice so you’ll be ready to start. This recipe comes together fast.
Preparing ahead of time? Absolutely! You can grate your cheese and dice the vegetables up to a day before cooking them and store them in separate sealed containers in the fridge.
• It’s best to dice all the veggies into similar sizes so they cook evenly.
• I love using organic veggies whenever I can, but you can certainly go with conventionally grown veggies. It’s up to you.
• Leftovers will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to 4-5 days.
I can’t wait for you to taste this. It’s so good.
And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email. I’ll respond ASAP.
Love zucchini? Try these recipes
Zucchini Lasagna Recipe That Really Rocks – This casserole is a delicious low carb meal! And I’ve included a cool cooking video so you can watch how to make it.
Grilled Zucchini Roll Ups – Rolling up grilled zucchini with bolognese sauce and fresh parmesan really takes grilled zucchini to the next level. Wow! These little roll ups make an amazing appetizer.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Beautiful green sticks of zucchini hollowed into boats and filled with sausage and Gruyere cheese are so incredibly tasty and fun to eat too!
7 Healthy & Delicious Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) Recipes – Here you will find my collection of fun zoodle recipes.
Love this recipe? Pin it
Zucchini And Corn Sauté With Bacon
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 pound frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- dash of white pepper
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon to a plate, chop and set aside.
- Add corn, zucchini and onion to the bacon fat in the skillet. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Season with a dash of pepper, sprinkle with shredded cheese and bacon. Stir and serve immediately.
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023
- Spicy Salmon Bake Cups (Gluten Free And Low Carb) - December 16, 2022
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022
Hungry for more?
Sign up and I'll send you my eCookbook, Top 10 Recipes as a welcome gift
plus new articles and recipes delivered fresh to your inbox!
Bonnie McSpadden says
I am going to have to try this recipe! It has all the things I love! Bacon corn and zucchini! I can’t wait to try it!
Thanks for visiting, Bonnie. I hope you love this as much as my family does.
Liz Who Motivates says
Thanks Barbara! Looks delish and easy to make….always looking for healthy recipes 🙂
Thank you, Liz for your encouraging comments.
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this brilliant
blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and
adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates
and will share this site with my Facebook group.
Stop by myy web-site: marketing