Gluten free lamb meatballs are a rich, flavorful, easy dinner.
Indeed, my family loves meatballs. Normally, I use an extra pound of meat. They go fast.
These scrumptious meatballs made with ground lamb are a special treat. Simmer them in my gluten free mushroom gravy and a touch of cinnamon. Yum.
Ready to make lamb meatballs? Let’s get started.
Ingredients You’ll Need
butter to sauté the shallots
- ground lamb
- gluten free bread crumbs
- an egg
- lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- more butter and some extra virgin olive oil to cook your meatballs
- and cinnamon to add to your gravy
To make the lemon zest, you’ll need a microplane. Grate only the outer layer of the skin, rotating the lemon for just the zest and not the white pith which can be bitter.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
First sauté your shallots in a tablespoon of butter until they’re tender. Then in a large bowl, combine the shallots with your ground lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, lemon, and seasonings.
Divide the meat mixture into meatballs and brown in batches in butter and olive oil. Drain on a paper towel.
Drain the butter from the pan and prepare my Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy in the same pan. I like to add cinnamon to the gravy for this dish.
Then return your meatballs to the pan and simmer in your gravy for about 10 minutes until the lamb is barely pink inside.
And that’s it! Gluten free lamb meatballs for the win.
I can’t wait for you to try this. And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email, and I’ll respond ASAP.
More meatball recipes you’ll love
Zoodle Soup With Meatballs – There’s so much goodness in this soup!
Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce – You’ll love these delicious low-carb meatballs in a tasty smoked paprika sauce. They’ll be on your table in just 30 minutes.
Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner – There’s so much to love about this meatball parmesan. These meatballs are so tasty you won’t believe they’re low-carb, grain-free, and nut-free.
Gluten Free Traditional Meatballs – My friend’s grandmother gave me her traditional meatball recipe. Here’s my gluten-free version of the recipe.
Gluten Free Swedish Meatballs (Easy And Delicious) – These Swedish Meatballs are cooked on your stove-top using gluten-free ingredients that result in soft tasty meatballs smothered in the most delicious creamy gravy.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Lamb Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon butter to sauté the shallots
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 4 shallots minced
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender. Then combine shallots with lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, lemon, and seasonings.
- Divide meat mixture into 22-24 meatballs and brown in batches in butter and olive oil. Drain on a paper towel.
- Drain the butter from the pan. Prepare my Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy in the same pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the gravy and stir.
- Return meatballs to the pan. Simmer about 10 minutes until the lamb is barely pink inside.
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023
- Spicy Salmon Bake Cups (Gluten Free And Low Carb) - December 16, 2022
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022
Hungry for more?
Sign up and I'll send you my eCookbook, Top 10 Recipes as a welcome gift
plus new articles and recipes delivered fresh to your inbox!
Carin Clark @Mrscpkc says
YUMMY! I have never tried lamb balls. I’ve eaten lamb chops many times and they are sooo good. That’s about it though, for my lamb experience, so I will definitely give this a try! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Terrific, Carin. Thanks for visiting.
Rachel Lavern says
I am funny about lamb–I only enjoy the very first bite (rather it is chops or roast).
Rachel recently posted How to Crush Your Someday Mindset
Hmm… the cinnamon in the gravy adds a wonderfully unique flavor, but if you don’t care for lamb I hope you will try some of my other recipes listed in my recipe index 🙂 https://www.glutenfreehomestead.com/dinner-recipe-browser/
Thanks for visiting.