Indeed, my family loves meatballs. Normally, I use an extra pound of meat. They go fast.
These scrumptious meatballs made with ground lamb are a special treat. Serve them with my gluten free mushroom gravy and a touch of cinnamon.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Lamb Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon butter to sauté the shallots
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 4 shallots minced
- 1/2 cup Shar’s bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender. Then combine shallots with lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, lemon, and seasonings. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Roll lamb into meatballs and brown in batches in butter and olive oil. Drain on a paper towel.
- Drain the butter from the pan. Prepare my Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy in the same pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and stir.
- Return meatballs to the pan. Simmer about 10 minutes until the lamb is barely pink inside.