Gluten free lamb meatballs are a rich, flavorful, easy dinner.
Indeed, my family loves meatballs. Normally, I use an extra pound of meat. They go fast.
These scrumptious meatballs made with ground lamb are a special treat. Simmer them in my gluten free mushroom gravy and a touch of cinnamon. Yum.
Ready to make lamb meatballs? Let’s get started.
Ingredients You’ll Need
butter to sauté the shallots
- ground lamb
- gluten free bread crumbs
- an egg
- lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- more butter and some extra virgin olive oil to cook your meatballs
- and cinnamon to add to your gravy
To make the lemon zest, you’ll need a microplane. Grate only the outer layer of the skin, rotating the lemon for just the zest and not the white pith which can be bitter.
How To Make Gluten Free Lamb Meatballs
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
First sauté your shallots in a tablespoon of butter until they’re tender. Then in a large bowl, combine the shallots with your ground lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, lemon, and seasonings.
Divide the meat mixture into meatballs and brown in batches in butter and olive oil. Drain on a paper towel.
Drain the butter from the pan and prepare my Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy in the same pan. I like to add cinnamon to the gravy for this dish.
Then return your meatballs to the pan and simmer in your gravy for about 10 minutes until the lamb is barely pink inside.
And that’s it! Gluten free lamb meatballs for the win.
I can’t wait for you to try this. And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email, and I’ll respond ASAP.
MORE MEATBALL RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Zoodle Soup With Meatballs There’s so much goodness in this soup!
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Lamb Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon butter to sauté the shallots
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 4 shallots minced
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender. Then combine shallots with lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, lemon, and seasonings.
- Divide meat mixture into 22-24 meatballs and brown in batches in butter and olive oil. Drain on a paper towel.
- Drain the butter from the pan. Prepare my Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy in the same pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the gravy and stir.
- Return meatballs to the pan. Simmer about 10 minutes until the lamb is barely pink inside.
- Spaghetti Squash Carbonara (No Egg) - October 21, 2020
- Easy Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup - October 17, 2020
- Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps - September 25, 2020
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers - September 24, 2020
- 10-Minute Cucumber Bites (With Three Amazing Toppings) - September 5, 2020