Swedish Meatballs are small meatballs traditionally served with gravy. There are a number of variations. These Swedish Meatballs are cooked on your stovetop using gluten free ingredients that result in tasty meatballs in a wonderful gravy.
- Combine milk and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. In another large bowl, whisk the egg and add meat, onion, and salt. Add the soaked breadcrumbs to the meat mixture and gently mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- Shape into small meatballs. Not too tight. You want to lightly roll them between your hands to form a ball that feels like it will hold together, but lightly so they will absorb the sauce. Then roll each meatball in GF flour.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and gently brown on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Once all of the meatballs are cooked, remove to a plate. Drain oil.
- Stir gluten free gravy mix and bouillon cubes in 3 cups of cold water; then add to skillet. Continuously stir over medium-high heat to thicken gravy about 2 minutes (the bouillon will not dissolve completely until hot).
- Decrease the heat to low and return the meatballs to the skillet. Simmer and serve over gluten free noodles.
Have you adapted a dish for food allergies? Please share in the comment box below.
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018