This keto creamy chicken Alfredo is a nutritious, full-fat, protein-packed, and delicious one-pan meal.
This recipe is a one-pan meal, which makes dinner super easy. I’ve prepared a free eBook of more one-pan meals for you so be sure to get your copy at the end of the post.
It’s autumn in New York. There’s a chill in the air, and there’s vibrant fall foliage to admire on my afternoon walks. With the cooler weather arriving, my family and I have been craving something warm and comforting for dinner.
One-pan chicken Alfredo is that perfect easy meal with creamy deliciousness in every forkful. Tender chicken breasts are tossed with baby spinach and delicate mushrooms and covered in a velvety sauce.
Traditionally, creamy Alfredo sauce is made with heavy whipping cream and Parmigiano cheese. It’s a delightful low-carb, healthy fat sauce.
But the one ingredient that takes this meal to the next level? Bacon! It adds another delicious flavor.
If dairy agrees with you, then you must taste this recipe. Seriously, it’s so good. My family didn’t leave any leftovers when I served it for dinner earlier this week. 😉
Another thing I love about it: since you make everything in one skillet, clean up is super easy.
So, what do you need to make one-pan creamy chicken Alfredo?
- heavy whipping cream
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- baby spinach
- and mushrooms
Ready to make delicious creamy chicken Alfredo?
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Here we go.
We’re going to cook the ingredients one at a time, using the same large skillet. Then, at the end, we’ll toss them all back together in the skillet along with the unbelievably creamy Alfredo sauce.
It all starts with the bacon. Cook your bacon until it’s crispy. Then set it aside on a plate with a paper towel.
Pound your chicken with a meat tenderizer and season it with salt. Then thoroughly cook the chicken with garlic in the bacon grease. You want a nice sear on both sides. Then remove the chicken to a large bowl, cover and set aside.
Next, sauté your spinach for only about a minute or two. Then drain it and set aside in the bowl with the chicken.
Wipe the skillet clean so it will be ready for your mushrooms.
The large skillet will give the mushrooms plenty of room so that they can brown. Add butter to the skillet and cook your mushrooms, tossing them with a wooden spoon until they’re brown (about 5 minutes). Then add some garlic and cook for one more minute. Finally, season with salt and set aside with the chicken.
For Chicken Alfredo Sauce
Now wipe the skillet clean again so it will be ready for cooking your sauce.
Add cream to the pan (I always recommend organic cream) and bring it to a low boil for a few minutes. Then stir in your grated cheese (I use aged Parmigiano Reggiano). Finally, toss in your bacon, chicken, spinach, and mushrooms.
And, voila! It’s ready to serve, warm from the stove. A nutritious, full-fat, protein-packed, and delicious one-pan meal. Make this tonight. You’re going to love it.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also enjoy my free ebook One-Pan Meals that has many more easy and delicious recipes for you to try. When you use just one pan, you won’t have to spend hours cleaning dishes.
You might also like:
Like this recipe and want to share it? Here’s the pin!
One-Pan Creamy Chicken Alfredo
- 5 slices of no-nitrite bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds of thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 5 ounces of baby spinach
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced
- Cook bacon. Drain, and set aside on a plate with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, cover and pound chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer. Then season chicken with salt. Add the chicken with 1 clove of the garlic and brown chicken in the bacon grease about 3-4 minutes on each side. Turn off the flame. Remove chicken to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Then sauté the spinach on low for about 1 minute, drain, and set aside in the bowl with the chicken.
- Wipe the skillet clean so it will be ready for your mushrooms.
- Add butter to the skillet and cook your mushrooms, tossing them with a wooden spoon until they're brown about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining 2 cloves of garlic and cook for one more minute. Then season with salt and set aside with the chicken.
- For Chicken Alfredo Sauce: Wipe the skillet clean again so it will be ready for cooking your sauce.
- Now add cream to the pan and bring it to a low boil for a few minutes. Then add cheese and stir. Finally, toss bacon, chicken, mushrooms, and spinach back into the skillet.
- Serve warm and enjoy.